Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Pointlessness of Being.

There should really be a book like that cause this is the sole truth. And what is truth anyway. Truth is just a variation of the millions of permutations and combinations of life’s entities, it could as easily have been another. So don’t hold any accounts of truth, as I said, your being is pointless. There is also no point in wanting something, not because you wont get it, but sometimes, you just might and it will clear all your doubts in mind and reveal to you the only reality, there is no happiness in it. It will probably just be easy, if you never get it, hope makes world easier. Empty still, but easier. And so they say, to aim for something you will never be able to have, Ignorance, you see, is bliss. Now you know.

Life does not listen to your logics. Because Logic is subject to change and wisdom. And logic – is a perspective. Perspective and point of views are altered truths. And what is truth anyway. All in all, pointless.

A man is a man, is a man. They are all cowards and do not live independently. Ask any evolved man, and he will accept that he is. If he doesn’t, he’s proving it. They’ve lived and will always live a life of reassurance. I am very sure the whole concept of someone being there for you was made by a man, cause he’s weak. They’re all weak. They are all sadistic parasites who will not leave you alone. Whoever it is, a husband, a father, a brother. In his mind, your life is not yours, it’s a byproduct of his. And all women believe it. You are not incomplete without him, he is. And he will make you believe otherwise, why? you ask me? Because they are weak. Don’t be fooled by the life in him, whether he says it or not, or even dead, he will not leave you alone. Cause how else will he make himself feel better. Physically, and every other wise.

And while I tell you the truths of life, let me also tell you that you will never be happy. Because nobody is happy. Happiness is but a mirage. It’s an illusion they make you believe, to make you want to live. It’s a game and you will never win, that’s just one of the two rules. The other being, it’s pointless. If you want to go to the Himalayas chasing the meaning of life, you can, there are several ways of wasting time in this world.

If you think I’m just being a sad and depressed person who’s been wronged and hurt in life, and whatever other excuses you make, abused as a child, raped, disrespected, stranded, rejected, unloved, these are what they are, excuses. If you don’t know this already you haven’t lived long enough or you took an easier path, of ignorance that is (which is highly recommended).

The greatest mistake you can do in your life, is to want something. Desire will eat you alive. Everyday of your life it will remind you how you don’t have what you wanted. And the trick is, once you do have, you’ll want something else. There is no point to it. It is meaningless. You are going to get nowhere in life, because you are coming from nowhere and will reach nowhere. There is nowhere to be. So, to live better, is to be detached, to be free of all wants. Cause it wont be this one thing that you want, it will be a series of wants. There is however a point to detachment.

So, don’t ever ask me again why I don’t believe in God. I can tell you, but then again I’ll save your time and tell you cause he’s a Man. And he’s just the same, a sadist parasite. And if there was an ungendered fair God at all, who made all this beauty in this world of colours and water and wind - he’s dead. You are all alone, and you forever will be.

Ofcourse there’s no pressure, you don’t have to be wise today. You can most certainly think of happiness, link it to some future goals, rely on God, be easy on yourself. Happiness and God are the two biggest hoax mankind has ever played on you. God is, but a propaganda.


31 comments:

Vikram said...

milan kundera wrote "the unbearable lightness of being" in 1984. it sort of boils down to the pointlessness of being. so there.
.. and why so serious?

Sonia said...

As a pointless person to the core - I believe in God, and I have endless wants. Yes it's all pointless, and perhaps all of it is fake. But as far as it feels good, seems beautiful, and doesn't hurt anybody...why not! It is these lies that make us do mistakes, learn, grow, move on. I wonder what I'd do in life if I wasn't so pointless. I won't have any good or bad experiences, nor any stupid or excellent memories. I won't need to smile or cry. I guess I'll be totally empty, detached and free from wants only when I die. Because even trying to be detached is a 'want', a want to have no desires.

So yes, I totally agree with what you've written. And despite knowing the pointlessness, we are humans, and we'll continue being pointless.

Nikita said...

got it...why this pointless post...at such a haapy time of your life....

you are reading that pointless book...

if u are midway--- i would suggest dont go ahead finishing it... its actully pointless... even i spoiled my couple of months last year.. reading that book....and coming over in it..

Sonia said...

Nainy and Niki - don't you think ham logo ko pointlessness ki bohot dhaasu training mili hai (through our EMRC experience?) Documentaries, LORs and theory classes. That really made me believe there is no point in wanting something and happiness is imaginary :p

Sonia said...

nice audio btw :) that's you doing the VO, right?

~S n E h A~ said...

Hi Nainy!

it's always a pleasure to visit your blog..

very nice audio posting!

Aneesh said...

well well, you seem to have caught the cynicism flu, the one that perpetually ails Hussain.
The result, as always is motivated, opinionated, well written - politically incorrect and potentially inflammatory pieces.
In short,a nice writeup.

Dr Neeraj Raj said...

You writings are really expressive... and tend to move your readers including me. I sincerely hope you do move on though... life is indeed very dynamic and hopefully you will find what you are looking for in it. Once whatever that is is revealed, it shows you the absolute path... till then everything is relative to either time, place or the people we know.

Aneesh said...

just noticed. interesting tagging to the post . I am Jack's benign smile.

Aditya said...

yep. highly coincidental. Infact, even i had a fight club reference in there, though it got edited out later. funny how things happen, insnt it?

Unknown said...

@ Metalhed

I never got around to finishing it. I guess I don't like reading too much like-mindedness. I'm not learning anything new, and whats the fun in just agreeing all the time.

@ Sonia

Yup, that's me in the VO. Content and Voice.

Unknown said...

@ Aditya

What were the chances?

Eternally Stupidified said...

http://eternallystupidified.blogspot.com/2009/08/conversation.html

mr. nichols said...

i'm going to go out on the limb and say this is just the recession talking.

Unknown said...

Hi,
Is this the same nainy, I met at Symposium of scratchmysoul.com?

what happened? a 360 degree opinion! who scratched the soul?... anyway Two promptings come to my mind
1. Dukhi met Mulla Nasruddin & claimed," Mulla,you bufffoon! I have studied far & wide & I can prove to you there is no point in anything in life or world." Nasruddin replies," That's what is my point. If there is no point they why are u unhappy pointlessly?"
2.The other is a quote from oscar wilde: 'There are only two tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want & the other is getting it!'
your writing of course engages everyone.... thanks & keep striding

Voice said...

Well written.

I liked the way you argue.
Ask any evolved man, and he will accept that he is. If he doesn’t, he’s proving it.

u will win both ways :)
Desire leads to happiness and unhappiness both.

I dont wanna argue in my first comment :)

Aditya said...

the chances? whichever way i run the numbers, the result is one in a figure with too many zeros to count.

Steve said...

Can't be disappointed if you don't expect anything, and you can't be upset about not having if you never wanted. But we can't all be monks, can we? I can see what you mean though. Saying we'll never be happy might be a stretch, though. I'd say, we'll never be happy forever, or just generally for extended periods of time. And then, we'll be sad. And then happy, and then sad.

Life is really long, and really repetitive.

It does seem pretty pointless.

Saurabh said...

Thank you for writing the truth so clearly. We should probably replace the word 'Men' with 'Mean'. After all, we're all self-centered, weak and so God-like. Self-inquiry should lead all men here. Amen.

zubin said...

I wish I could write like this - my thoughts when I have a bad day, expressed in a much better way. Except for the men part that is.

Unknown said...

@ Zubin

I just read your post, "Yesterday was a bad day" and I thought, so many points matching on being pointless. And you DONT want to write like me! I write sad sad things :) It's like my venting ground.

You wanna read a funny one?
http://www.themattefinish.com/blog/2009/08/if-the-ramayan-were-on-facebook/


Check, check now. Unless you're at work, which is in some ways even better. The workplace deserves some laughter once in a while ;)

Unknown said...

@ Prafull

I'm so sorry, it completely escaped my mind to reply to you. Yes, it's the same Nainy :)

Thank you for the kind words.

@Dr. Raj

Absolute path. That's actually one of my bigger woes. What happens when you dont know what you're supposed to be doing?

@ Voice

Argument is a good thing. Peace is one of the byproducts, remember? If we dont argue, we'll just be apathetic and indifferent all along. Feel free.

@ Saurabh

:) coming from a guy :) Also, in self doubt, makes me wonder is that is sarcasm? Like, did you instantly go, "that crazy feminist!?" :P No no, I'm just kidding, thanks for the appreciation.

zubin said...

haha...read it...in office. thanks. Made my day (in what otherwise has been a pretty sad day. I hate Mondays.)

Unknown said...

@ Zubin

Anytime, we all hate mondays :) Which reminds me of another awesome entry on Mondays. Oh Man! I should stop. Ok , ok, but last. Here -

http://www.phatterism.com/

URL>TXT>MONDAY :)

zubin said...

lol..thanks again..brilliant site.
And keep doing it. Recommending new things to read :P

Unknown said...

hey,
read some of your blogs on scratchmysoul. Liked what I read :)


I feel desire gives you a reason to live, on the contrary a lack of desire and ambition makes life a pointless excercise. Somebody might as well then be sea moss and not a human. Just personal views.

Heidi Blue said...

well i was googling 'pointlessness of being' - that was what i was feeling at the moment - and found your blog. i do believe that being is pointless but then it gives me an unhappy life, a life lack of love and passion (not just in the romantic sense). Finding nothing worth getting involved in and live for. Well if the truth is that existence is pointless i hope that i never recognize that truth and stay in the dark forever.

Heidi Blue said...

well i was googling 'pointlessness of being' - that was what i was feeling at the moment - and found your blog. i do believe that being is pointless but then it gives me an unhappy life, a life lack of love and passion (not just in the romantic sense). Finding nothing worth getting involved in and live for. Well if the truth is that existence is pointless i hope that i never recognize that truth and stay in the dark forever.

Naviin said...

Of all the zillion paths, the "truth" also coincidentally happens to be the one that actually survives the numbers and comes into "being". Its not your life, or the things you want and end up getting that don't make u happy or your lack/presence of desire, that is pointless, its you who are pointless. If you need to be happy to survive, its your problem and its because you are weak, most of the world around you thinks you are pointless anyway. God is merely a belief, religion is the hoax.

Unknown said...

Hey-You have some heavy content. Read 4-5 of your posts today. Loosen up and let me introduce you to mylifeisaverage.com.
Try it will put a smile on your face.

ANAND BHAVE'S Eco Furniture said...

Thanks for appreciating Paper furniture. and congrates for your pointless theory.good efforts.